Friday, December 25, 2015

A Christmas Gift with a Big Red Bow

"What do you want for Christmas?" Mr. Wonderful asked driving to the home improvement store in early December.
"Nothing," I said from the passenger seat while rolling the car window down with my right arm.
"But I have to buy you something."
"I don't want anything."
"But you need a Christmas gift on Christmas."
"I have everything I want," I said blowing him a kiss.

While the formula (Christmas + December 25 = Presents) was undoubtedly true, I didn't want any gifts because there was another true formula: (Christmas + My Age = Everything I Want/Need/& Ever Desired Wrapped in a Big Red Bow). Besides if I gave in and let him buy me something, it was bound to be a humongo sweater, a fuchsia-colored crock pot or a pair of itchy wool socks. Although I love my spouse, I prefer buying gifts for myself to ensure that I get the right size, color and cotton content.

But Mr. Wonderful was insistent and for the 12 Days of X-mas tried to buy me X-gifts all of which I refused with a big "X". Finally the day before Christmas he sprung a gift on me which had this formula: (New Car + Big Bow = Big Wow).


At the car dealership he showed me a car with a big red bow on it and said, "It's for you."
I was floored.
"I... I love it," I stammered.
"Unless of course, you still don't want me to give you a Christmas gift--" He was about to say something more but I stifled his words with a kiss.

Hoping you have a a very Merry Christmas with a big red bow on it!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog post. This is absolute magic from you! I have never seen a more wonderful post than this one. You've really made my day today with this. I hope you keep this up!
    cash for cars gympie
    car removal gympie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post first time. I want to say thanks for this post. Thank you.
    best cash for cars brisbane
    cash for cars brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and very informative post. At Hashtag Car Removal, you will get fast and easy cash for cars service. We are a reliable company all over Sydney NSW that pays up to $7,999 for any scrap, junk, or unwanted cars. Our expert team will remove your 4×4, ute, SUV, vans, or trucks the very same day for FREE. unwanted cars sydney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I found your website on google and found it very useful and informative for our business and I also shared your website with my other friends also. Best Cash For Carz is a locally owned cash for cars business in Melbourne, VIC. We started this business with an aim to provide customers with a quick and efficient way to sell their vehicles without leaving their homes. We have over a decade of experience in Melbourne’s automobile market and have hired industry experts to help us along the way. We purchase a variety of junk and we buy cars melbourne in Australia and pay market competitive prices for them and remove it from your premises for FREE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great information for blogger I am a professional blogger thanks. North Coast Wreckers provide the best used or new car parts at an affordable price. Whether you are looking for an auto part for your engine. Spare Parts Townsville is an auto part recycler operating all over Townsville offering pickup and drop off services of all the auto parts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. There’s nothing better than a free service – except when you add to the equation a top-dollar payment up to $9,999! We buy cars. We resell or recycle them. There is no third person involve that means you get the best value. In fact, better value as compare to a dealer or wrecker.Get top cash for your old or junk car, Local sell my car for cash is the best and safest place to sell your unwanted car. Call Us Now 0483 333 000

    ReplyDelete