Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Shrimp and Lemon Pasta--Recipe

You spoke and I heard you!

My readers either love shrimp and lemon pasta dinners a lot, or they have spouses who spring hungry mongrels on them with 20 minutes to cook. Either way, I'm happy to share this recipe of Shrimp and Lemon Pasta with you.


INGREDIENTS: feeds 4
Pasta; 16 ounces / or 450 grams (I like brown rice pasta but you can use traditional wheat pasta) 
Shrimp, peeled, tail off; 32 ounces/ or 900 grams (I like a healthy dose of shrimp in my dishes)
1/2 cup white white (Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc or whatever white wine you're drinking while cooking)
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (Meyer lemons are delicious)
Parsley, chopped (I like the curly variety)
Cheese Parmigiano-Reggiano or Mozzarella, grated (for topping)

DIRECTIONS:
1) Bring a large pot of water to a boil on the stove top. Salt the pot (I use 2-3 shakes of my salt shaker). The salted water adds flavor to the pasta. When the water boils, pour dry pasta into pot and stir occasionally to ensure pasta cooks thoroughly.
2) I keep two bags of shrimp in my freezer at all times for last minute dinner occasions like this. Defrost shrimp in bowl of warm water. When room temperature, put shrimp into a frying pan with white white and cook over medium high heat. The shrimp will shrink absorbing some of the wine's flavors. That's a good thing.
3) Drain pasta. Add pasta directly to the shrimp in frying pan.
4) Add lemon juice to shrimp and pasta. Toss so shrimp and pasta are coated in lemon juice.
5) Dish into pasta bowls, cereal bowl or ice cream bowls, garnish with fresh parsley and grated cheese.
6) Serve. Voila!

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. If you make this recipe, let me know how it goes!

Bon Appetit!


8 comments:

  1. I might be able to make this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gayle you can DEFINITELY make this! Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Sounds an easy thing to make though not something I would try as I'm not a sea food fan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bill,
      the next recipe I post will be seafood-free. I promise!
      --Alicia

      Delete
  3. This sounds absolutely delicious! I'm SO saving this in my recipes folder! Thanks ;)
    Suzy Turner, Fiction Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzy,
      It's a good one to whip up when you're in a time crunch! Enjoy!
      --Alicia

      Delete
  4. No! Not the curly parsley! ;)

    What size shrimp did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kenny,
      LOL! You can use the flat Italian parsley if you REALLY can't stand the curly variety! I use large shrimp because I like shrimp and big shrimp look impressive. Trader Joe's sells a large shrimp that's tasty and affordable. Enjoy!
      --Alicia

      Delete